From developing new skills to building a network, learn what it’s like to intern at Pinnacle from Nicole Beichner, one of our staff associates and former interns.
Nicole on Her Internship
When I first started my internship with Pinnacle, about three years ago, I wasn’t sure what to expect since I wasn’t familiar with the recruiting industry. I always knew I wanted to be in sales, but also loved the idea of helping people. Pinnacle allowed me to do those things at the same time and turn it into my career.
During my internship, I had the opportunity to do the following:
- Worked on another recruiter’s candidate list while they were on vacation and got firsthand experience submitting candidates to qualified positions
- Recruited a few positions with guidance from upper management
- Listened to client calls to gain a better understanding of client needs
- Sourced candidates and worked closely with coworkers to ensure searches were being done the most efficient and effective way
- Attended several networking events to expand contacts within the industry
- Practiced cold calling and received feedback from coworkers to improve my messaging
- Reviewed and updated candidate resumes
- Published client job descriptions and gained an understanding of the positions we worked on at Pinnacle
Working with such a welcoming team that has all different personalities gave me the chance to see different approaches to recruiting and client servicing. I developed skills in sourcing, relationship building, and assisting others to succeed in their career. During my two-year internship, I fell in love with the passion it takes to work in the recruiting industry. Now, I’m proud to be on the team full-time as a Staff Associate. To me, nothing compares to placing a candidate in an opportunity that fits their career goals.
About Nicole Beichner
Nicole was born and raised in Pittsburgh and graduated from the Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor’s degree in Marketing with a concentration in Accounting. After graduating, she continued her experience with Pinnacle Accounting and Finance where she interned for two years before accepting a full-time position.
Nicole is a dedicated Pittsburgh Steelers fan and enjoys exploring the city with her friends. In her downtime, Nicole likes to spend time with her family, especially her younger nieces and nephews.
Intern with Pinnacle, Make an Impact
Want to intern with a company that makes an impact on the community around them? At Pinnacle Accounting & Finance, our team of experienced recruiters efficiently match qualified candidates with our client companies throughout the Pittsburgh market. If you would like to intern or work with us, please contact us at 412-343-6300 or email@example.com.